Welcome to Web Entrepreneurship course – This is either ICS393, ICS493 or ICS314!
Instructor: Dr. Ken Cosh.
Provisional schedule: M/W 8:30-10:00
Study interesting topics on current trends, concepts and technologies concerned with information systems. The topics must be consented by the department.
2. Instructor: Dr. Ken Cosh (Full Time Instructor)
3. Course Objectives:
The internet, and the opportunities it affords is an important application theme for a degree in Computer Information Systems. In an e-Business course students study the theory around running an electronic business, and in Web Programming students learn to create webpages. However, this leaves an important knowledge gap, in terms of how to practically set up a web based enterprise. This course will address the practical aspects of starting and building a web business, including these topics;
- Successful Business Models
- Gaining Venture Capital
- Developing and Presenting a Business Plan
- Basic Web Design Skills
- Search Engine Optimization
4. Course Outline:
|2||Introducing the Course Project
|4||Preparing to start a Web based Business
|5||Course Project Proposal Presentations||3 (3-0)|
|11||Course Project Progress Presentations||3 (3-0)|
|12||Marketing your Website
5. Course Activities
This course will involve;
Reading the course material outside of class
6. Course Assessment:
1. Project – 30%
2. Midterm oral exam – 30%
3. Final exam – 40%
7. Course Evaluation:
- To be able to take the exam students must attend class at least 80% of the time.
- Plagiarism is not acceptable, any students caught plagiarising will receive 0.
- The evaluation is based on the Payap University grading scale given in the table below:
|Grade||Letter Grade||Score (four-point scale)||Transcript Legend|