Welcome to Communication Technology in a Changing World.
Taught by Dr. Ken Cosh.
Schedule: TUE/THU 12:30-14:00
Development of modern communication technology, the structure and flow of international communication and media products, and the international impact of new media and information technology on political, economic, social and cultural changes.
- To gain an appreciation of how Communication Technology has developed through history
- To understand how modern Communication Technology works
- To explore the ways Communication Technology is likely to evolve in the near future.
- To analyse the effects of Communication Technologies on Politics, Law, the Economy, Society and Culture.
- Applegate, L., Austin, R. & McFarlan, F., Corporate Information Strategy and Management (6th Edition), McGraw Hill 2003.
- Chandler, D., Semiotics, the Basics (2nd Edition), Routledge 2007.
- Cosh, K., The Introduction of ICT’s into the Tourism Industry, 2009.
- Dix, A., Finlay, J, Abowd, G. & Beale, R., Human-Computer Interaction (3rd Edition), Peason 2004.
- Green, L., Communication Technology and Society, Sage 2002.
- Jennings, M., Business Ethics (5th Edition), Thomson 2006.
Week 9 – Notes
Week 10 – Notes
Week 11/12 – Notes
Week 13 – Digital Divide Presentations
Week 14 – Notes
This course will involve;
1. Individual Reports – 20%
2. Group Presentation – 20%
3. Midterm exam – 25%
4. Final exam – 35%