Welcome to ICS213 Web Programming
Instructor: Dr. Seung Hwan Kang (Ken)
1 / 2011
TUE/THU 2:00-4:00 p.m., PC301 (Week 1 – 7)
TUE/THU 3:00-5:00 p.m., PC301 (Week 8 – 15)
ICS213 Web Programming, 3 (2-2-5) credits
ICS313 Web Programming, 3 (2-2-0) credits
Prerequisite: ICS110 Computer Programming I
This course introduces fundamental programming techniques using current Web development software. Students will learn to design and develop Web based applications to solve business problems and develop appropriate user interfaces.
On completion of this course the students will be able to:
- Have an understanding of the important of Web technologies
- Design and build Web sites
- Build static and dynamic Web pages.
- Integrate Web sites with a database management system (DBMS)
- Develop Web applications using a variety of internet programming language.
- David Powers (2010) PHP Solutions: Dynamic Web Design Made Easy, 2nd edn, friends of ED, an Apress Company. (recommended)
- Robert W. Sebesta (2010) Programming the World Wide Web, 5th edn, Pearson/Addison Wesley.
All other subject materials will be posted via e-Learning (http://elearning.payap.ac.th).