Welcome to Computer Information Systems (CIS)
The application of new computing technologies is rapidly changing the nature and speed of global business. Employers are increasingly seeking workers with professional skills and knowledge in both the business and computer fields. Payap University has long-standing strengths in computer science (CS) and business administration, and educates students in an environment that stresses the university’s commitment to “Truth and Service”.
The Computer Information Systems program addresses the national need for well-educated, skilled professionals in information technology (IT) and information systems (IS) by offering Payap students a broad course of study. The program goals are: 1) to strengthen the languages and technical skills of our students; 2) to attract a world-wide student body interested in studying technical subjects in English, which a special emphases on attracting students from neighboring countries; 3) to provide well-prepared graduates to business and computing industries in Thailand or Asia Pacific countries.
The program is designed to produce graduates with a strong technical/computing background and who are capable of applying computing skills to business information systems in organizations. Graduates will have the following characteristics:
- A broad understanding of techniques, theories, and ethical issues in business information managing and computing.
- The practical and theoretical skills to work as System analysts, System designers or System developers.
- The capability to apply computing techniques and information technology to business management problems and situations.
- The ability to communicate effectively in English or other non-native language.
- Provide students with a strong foundation in computing technologies, business information management, and languages
- Prepare individual analysts, designers or developers for managing and producing information systems in business and/or the information and communication technology (ICT) industries.
- Build professional links worldwide and develop positive relationships in the international community.